Saturday 4 October 2014

Yankee Candle Event | Blogtober Day 4

As I mentioned in my 'things to look forward to' post, I attended an event at my local Yankee Candle shop for the launch of their Christmas collection. Christmas scents are my favourite kind of smells so I was definitely on board and very excited. When we arrived, the place was packed out and they had little goodies on a table for people to eat and were going round offering glasses of wine which was lovely. I did manage to pick up a few things so I thought I would share them with you. 



First of all, my favourite candle of all time - Christmas Eve. To me, this scent is just the typical Christmassy scent and is amazing. Instead of attempting to describe the scents to you myself, I am going to insert the description of the candles from the Yankee Candle website. 

"Traditional Christmas scents of a warm hearth, sugared plums, and candied fruits."



Secondly, I grabbed another large candle in the scent Christmas Cookie. This to me smells of cake and cookies and all good things like that - even if I don't see the Christmassy side to this candle, the picture and name of the candle is good enough! 

"Buttery rich, vanilla scented, holiday sugar cookies."



I then fell in love with another scent in the shop called Merry Marshmallow, however the lady in the shop said that that particular scent was being discontinued and all they had left was the end! Gutted! They had none of the jar candles in this scent, just the votive sized ones - so I thought it felt necessary to purchase four. 
As the scent has been discontinued, it is no longer listed on the Yankee website for a scent description - but trust me, it smells amazing. 



I then purchased an advent calendar which I am really excited about! I have only ever had the traditional chocolate advent calendars and dreamt about the beauty ones last year as I have got more and more into beauty, but when I saw the Yankee advent calendars I couldn't leave the shop without taking one with me! I went for the house shaped one and it contains the scents; Candy Cane Lane, Christmas Garland, Christmas Cookie, Sugared Apple, Christmas Memories, Spiced Orange, Snowflake Cookie and Christmas Eve. I now can't wait for December first to get started! (too early, Emma, too early).



Lastly, they were giving out little goody bags containing some Yankee treats and I just thought I would share the treats that I got in mine!!

Love Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment