Friday 17 October 2014

Top 10 Favourite Things About Orlando, Florida | Blogtober Day 17

As you will be able to tell by now I love all things American and Disney, so Florida quite rightly should be my home, yes? Yes. So today I thought I would share my top ten favourite things about Orlando, Florida. There will be some parks, restaurants, and shops within the top ten so there will be a good mixture!

1. Magic Kingdom
The number one slot is obviously Magic Kingdom. They're really not lying when they say that it is the most magical place on earth. It is a great park for all ages and is such a happy place!

2. Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney comes in at second. It is free admission to Downtown Disney and is one of my favourite places to go at nighttime (although just as beautiful during the day time). It has so many shops, restaurants and even an arcade. And not to mention, home to my third favourite which is...

3. World of Disney
I'm not joking when I say I have to be seriously restrained when I go into this shop as I could literally spend all of my money in this place. The worlds largest Disney store. Need I say more?

4. Universal Studios
Universal Studios is another great park to visit - I am yet to visit Islands of Adventure but I'm sure I will love it (will report back after June 2015!!). It is a totally different atmosphere to the Disney parks, however it is a lot of fun.

5. Hard Rock Cafe
I know there are Hard Rock Cafe's all over the world, but there is just something about the one in Orlando. There is a massive pink Cadillac hanging over the top of the bar which is amazing and the food is top notch!

6. Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon
I can't choose which water park is my favourite from my memories there. I absolutely love the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, but I love the rides in Blizzard Beach too. I can't wait to finally ride Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach - I will not leave Florida until I have been on this slide in June!! The weather always curses me when I get round to it!

7. SeaWorld
I love dolphins. I think that is the main reason that I enjoy SeaWorld so much - not that everything else in the park isn't breathtaking. The killer whale show One Ocean is incredible to watch along with the dolphin show Blue Horizons. The dolphin encounter is also incredible. You can purchase a tray of fish (not too expensive, I think around $7) and feed the dolphins with your own hands. I can't wait to visit Discovery Cove in June to finally swim with dolphins!!!

8. Animal Kingdom
Again, with the animals, I love them. The safari at animal kingdom is incredible and I also thoroughly enjoy the Kali river rapids. I will also 100% be riding Expedition Everest this time.

9. The Florida Mall
Who doesn't love shopping? And shopping in America is so much more fun. Bath and Body Works, Sephora... the excitement is real.

10. Pirate's Cove
And finally, something a little different. Every time I visit Orlando, we go to Pirate's Cove on International Drive. It is a miniature adventure golf course, it's a lot of fun and also not very expensive.

So those are my top ten things about Orlando that I love! I can't wait to feel back at home when I touch down in Florida on the 8th of June next year. That holiday also means some brilliant blog posts I hope - and maybe even some vlogging if I'm brave enough! I will definitely be vlogging when I'm there, it's just whether I'm brave enough to press the upload button on youtube!!

Love Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment