Wednesday 22 January 2014

L'Oréal Color Riche Collection Priveé

Today, I am going to talk about the new-ish L'Oreal Color Riche Collection Privee. I'm not too sure when the collection was released, but I am only starting to hear things about the collection recently.


This collection is all nudes and are themed on a certain celebrity. The lipstick collection contains six lipsticks (I've heard there is 8 available is some places/countries, but I'm not too sure where) and the packaging is rubberised black with gold detailing. I love the packaging and think that it makes the product look more expensive that what it actually is. 

Top left to right: Cheryl, Doutzen, Eva. Bottom left to right: Freida, Julianne, Liya. 

The collection is supposed to offer a nude lipstick for every skin tone, which I like as most of the time in drugstore lipstick collections, there a multiple shades of different colours but usually only one nude which they expect to suit every skin tone. 

Cheryl is an English recording actress and television personality and her shade is called 'Barely Greige' and is a good shade of nude for brunette-haired people. Doutzen Kroes is a Dutch model/actress and Victoria's Secret Angel. Doutzen's shade of nude is named 'Barely Pink' and explained by the name, has a hint of pink in this nude. Eva Longoria is an American actress. Eva's shade is called 'Barely Golden' and is suited for peach toned skin. Freida Pinto is an Indian actress/model and her shade is called 'Barely Parma' and contains a tint of mauve. Julianne Moore is an English-American actress and her shade is called 'Barely Peach'. Liya is an Ethiopian model and her lipstick shade is called 'Ebony Elegance' and is suited for people with a darker skin tone. 

All of the lipsticks are quite sheer and have a glossy finish. I like the fact that the lipsticks are quite sheer, as I find that if a nude lipstick is too pigmented, it doesn't look as nice as it would if it was toned down a bit. I haven't yet tried out any of these lipsticks, but I am VERY excited to get my hands on a couple of them (I like Cheryl's colour and Julianne's colour) when I next venture onto a shopping trip. The only negative point I have read about the lipsticks is that they have a very distinctive smell. I have heard that they have quite an 'old lady' smell and that the scent is quite strong. I haven't managed to get a whiff of one yet, but if you don't mind lipsticks smelling strongly then I'm sure that you'll definitely love them!

The lipsticks are currently available in the UK at Boots and Superdrug for £8.19 and Canada for $10.99 in drugstores and L'Oreal stockists. The lipsticks are currently unavailable in the USA, however they are available on www.feelunique.com for £8.16 and the website also has free worldwide shipping!

I hope that you enjoyed this post and want to try out these lipsticks as much as I do!
Love Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment